Re: 4G LTE Signal goes white and data connection lost
Jaysonol
Enthusiast - Level 3

Took 10 minutes to install this morning.  Been running a few hours now with solid 4G.  Fingers crossed, but looks like the issue may have been finally fixed.  Overall, phone is much faster now too!  Very cool.

Gmancometh
Enthusiast - Level 3

Besides ICS fixing my data issues, I think that ICS sucks. I want my Gingerbread back, but with a working data connection. There are many features that I don't like and ones they took away and the Smart Actions app is the dumbest thing since........I don't know, you pick.

0 Likes
DrewVT6
Enthusiast - Level 2

Got my ICS rollout in LA yesterday morning. Took only a few minutes to load, but I spent the rest of the day playing with the system. I don't see anything much more spectacular, but my data certainly is working MUCH better now. Did a speed test and got a 19.8download/5.2upload speed.

0 Likes
4G LTE Signal goes white and data connection lost
FWH
Enthusiast - Level 3

I received the update this morning. The 4G LTE dropping issue is solved. I now have a solid connection to 4G! The phone is much quicker in everything you do on it. Of course there is a slight learning curve, as with any operating system, but once one learns it they won't ever want to go back to Gingerbread.

The only drawback I've noticed is that there is much more drain on the battery. No problem as I will just put the "extended" battery on and removed the battery that came with the phone.

Put me down as a satisfied Bionic user now. Wondering how many more improvements JB will give us in the near future when we receive that update?

0 Likes
reom73

I received my update on Wednesday and I spent the whole day trying to make the phone work. After 2 days I can say that the system is way slower, it takes at least 10 second to open any app. My Exchange Server email is the worst. I tired to remove several app but still slow. I feel like I installed Windows Vista inn old  Pentium M Processor laptop..soo slow. What is wrong here? It was supposed to be faster!!

0 Likes
kerryb23
Enthusiast - Level 1

I too received the update and installed it and all of the issues I had have vanished.  The phone operates like it should have in the first place, no more lost signal, is almost always on 4G network now.  As far as the JB update, I have read that the Droid Bionic is not slated to get that update.

0 Likes
tikibar1
Community Leader
Community Leader

kerryb23 wrote:

As far as the JB update, I have read that the Droid Bionic is not slated to get that update.

it's still on Motorola's update list:

https://forums.motorola.com/pages/00add97d6c

DROID BIONIC (XT875)

ICS Upgrade (Android 4.0.4) rollout began in October 2012. Will be upgraded to Jelly Bean (Android 4.1)

0 Likes
B33
Legend

I just wished it would come a little sooner  Tik or maybe i need to invest in a new Maxx HD so i get it before the years Up b  wishful thinking..

0 Likes
tikibar1
Community Leader
Community Leader

You could put that Maxx HD on your Christmas wish list instead of the Bose speaker! 

0 Likes
B33
Legend

You want one Too!

0 Likes