Re: 4G LTE Signal goes white and data connection lost
bhharrison

We're having exactly the same problem in Kennesaw, Marietta, downtown Atlanta, and Hapeville at the airport. I was travelling the last two weeks and didn't have the first problem in Boston, MA, Richmond, VA, or Fredericksburg, VA using a Thunderbolt. We've also got a Razr and it's having the same problems in Kennesaw (no travel on that one). We've spoken to Verizon 3 times so far and they've already replaced the Razr, but it's still having issues. When I tried to tell them I hadn't had problems when travelling with the Thunderbolt, they didn't really want to listen to me and just suggested I replace the SIM card. It's getting ridiculous and it's TOTALLY not what I'm paying for!

0 Likes
JT_Drago
Enthusiast - Level 2

Every time I call Verizon, the CSR makes it seem like I am the first person calling with the 4G problems. I tell them that there are numerous complaints on their own forums, but they just ignore that and have me go through very generic troubleshooting steps that fix nothing.

I really love my Bionic phone and would hate to request and get an inferior replacement. I am for sure going to ask for a discount on my data package.

0 Likes
Jaysonol
Enthusiast - Level 3

I hear ya.  I often wonder why the forums exist as it seems more to be a sandbox for users to 'feel' as if they are interacting with Verizon, when actually they aren't.

Just because one VZN mod comes in and makes one singular post once in a blue moon, they seem to think they're doing their part, when it reality, it just pushing customers off the troubleshooting 800 lines and shunting them off here.

RawwrBag

Exact same issue here. Droid Bionic in Seattle area. I noticed it roughly right before the update hit, and the update did not make it any better or worse. I've tried it in the greater Seattle area, LA, and Kauai. Frequent blue to white in all of these locations.

0 Likes
Mr-Wolph

Waiting for my THIRD Bionic to get to my house. Why do I pay all this money if Verizon won't even recall a bad product. I mean come on!! Verizon is not even selling them in their stores anymore and the third party stores that still have stock are giving them away for free!! I have been VERY loyal since 1996 and all I'm asking Verizon to do is the right thing. No press, no news story. Just give us poor Bionic user a free upgrade to like the Razor Maxx! I am very disappoint!!

0 Likes
Mr4G
Enthusiast - Level 3

I don't  think the problem is Bionic hardware at all. most of us can agree that out of the gate, the phone worked fine. i had no dropped signals, 4G was great, Lakers were wining and life was good. Until recent changes in VZ's network somewhere, Bionic uses got affected. honestly no amount of hardware replacements is going to fix the issue. One person suggested that the changes on the network were in preparation for an imminent Bionic ICS update.

I can say that after reading reviews of the recent "leakage" last week, that statement regarding the network update seems true. So if users can hold out until VZ officially releases the ICS update, they will be very pleased.

xip080
Enthusiast - Level 2

I have been having the same issue. I live in Indianapolis. I was out of town from June 5th until June 10th, and I had 4G disabled for the duration of the trip. I got the 905 update on June 8th and applied it with no problems. The phone worked fine until I got home on June 10th and enabled 4G at the airport. On my cab ride home, I noticed that the 4G signal was much better (3-4 bars) but the indicator kept changing from blue to white (still with full signal) and the data would disconnect. This problem has been happening intermittently since then. The last week or so has been especially bad with the issue occurring almost every day, sometimes multiple times per day.  I'm not sure if there was something wrong with the Bionic update or if Verizon broke something while I was out of town, but 4G worked a lot better before June 5th despite displaying a slightly lower signal on my Bionic. Right now it's functioning badly enough that I don't really consider it usable.

0 Likes
shdytxmn
Enthusiast - Level 2

Stumbled onto this thread because of another issue with my Bionic as I have been having this issue for several weeks also - in East Tennessee (Pigeon Forge) area.  Trying the airplane mode fix as nothing else seems to be working. 

0 Likes
Jaysonol
Enthusiast - Level 3

I don't think the hardware is the issue.  Bionic is/was a fine phone upto a month ago.  It is most likely a glitch in the Verizon network.  There's probably a line or two of code that was missed or borked during recent 4G upgrades that doesn't play well with the Bionic firmware/software build.

It's more a shame that Verizon seems to be sticking their head in the sand and offering up 'guess work' by suggesting SIM chip pulls, refurbed phones, power cycling tips than addressing the real issue.  If they actually had a dedicated person who read these threads and took them seriously, they'd see that there are multiple entries on the Bionic topic dating back 3-4 weeks, and yet they have made no 'official' statement on the matter.

FWH
Enthusiast - Level 3

I tried the airplane mode fix. Thought it worked pretty well, for about 3 hours. Then it started acting just as everyone here says. It's NOT a fix.

I am in agreement with Jaysonol. I also believe Verizon is going to send us the ICS operating system for our Bionic's. Hopefully when that happens this problem will go away.

If not this is what I'm planning on doing.

Going to the local Verizon Store. Not a contractor store. The official Verizon Store. Putting my Droid Bionic on the counter and demand that they show me other Droid phones by ALL makers working with a Blue 4G signal. Then watch the signals. If my Bionic keeps dropping out and their Droid's don't then it will be official that there is something wrong with the Bionic and I will then have to demand a phone replacement WITHOUT further charges.

I'm not looking for something for nothing. Just a phone that works as promised from Verizon with the plan I'm on. If Verizon can't furnish 4G LTE service with this Bionic phone, then give me a phone that WILL!

Nuff Said.