Re: 4G LTE Signal goes white and data connection lost
Jaysonol
Enthusiast - Level 3

Hard to say either way. 

If you are determiend to move to a RAZR, go for the MAXX...battery on the regular RAZR is not very good.  My wife has one, and the battery blows.  Maybe a Droid 4 if you're okay with a little extra bulk.

That being said, I agree...don't send back your phone for a refurb.  Refurbs aren't going to solve the data dropping issue as self evident by the numerous ppl here who have already tried that route with nothing to show for it in the end.

Couple that with the fact that depending on what rep you get a hold of, they clearly don't have a unified answer right now.  Everything to refurbs, pulling chips, Towers vs Grids, App managment seems to be their random answer. So clearly, they don't know either.

As to why Verizon is not putting an emphasis on this issue, is anyone guess.  They have already pulled the Bionic from the online store.  I think they are more intersted in pushing current phones like the Galaxy S III, RAZR MAXX, or D4.  Just by the way they have handled the ICS release, I don't see a lot of emphasis on the Bionic moving forward...too bad, because it's a great phone.

I'm taking the following gamble:  There have already been 2 documented leaks this week alone for a flash upgrade to ICS on the net, meaning the final OTA is not far behind.  I'm hoping that within the next few weeks we will finally get the long awaited and delyaed ICS which may solve this issue.  If not, then in a few months, D4 will drop in price (maybe even S III), and I'll ditch the Bionic for one of these.  Sucks that I didin't even get a good solid year out of this phone, but it was great for it's first 9 month.  This 10th month was horrible, and the S III looks very pretty right now

0 Likes