help--phone constantly sliding display to the right......
marseille

I started noticing this last night, but today it's almost constant.

My Droid is fighting against me, scrolling the display to the rightmost screen.  And while I'm reading on the Kindle app, it scrolls and jumps around randomly.

This just started yesterday--I haven't downloaded anything new from the Market, and I didn't do anything to my phone that I know of....

Any ideas?  I did try rebooting, but I'd rather avoid a hard reset if I can.......

Any help is greatly appreciated.....thanks!

0 Likes
Re: help--phone constantly sliding display to the right......
Ann154
Community Leader
Community Leader
Yikes! That scrolling issue is eerily similar to the "scrolls to the left" problem that some people had with the HTC Droid Eris.

Otherwise no clue.

I'm most definitely NOT a VZW employee. If a post answered your question, please mark it as the answer.

0 Likes
Torgo
Enthusiast - Level 3

This is a common complaint.  I've wondered if it might be caused by a little dust or lint that gets caught on the lens of the optical joystick.  Try cleaning it vigorously with soft cloth, and see if the problem goes away.

0 Likes
ruethee

My phone has gotten stuck like that a couple of times. I've simply turned it off and then on again and the problem has been resolved.

0 Likes
KinquanaH_VZW
VZ Employee Emeritus

marseille, I truly understand your frustration and know how important it is to have the ability to read without interruptions. I will do my best to review and research your issue for a possible resolution. 

I was unable to locate your particular issue as one that was reported but I can provide you with some trouble shooting steps that may help with your issue. I would first start by putting the phone in safe mode. This function disables the apps that were installed on your phone from the Android Market temporarily. This will allow you to figure out if one of the apps you installed is causing the problem. I will list the steps below. You can also try removing and re-adding the Kindle app to your phone. 

-You will need to press and hold down the power key

--select power off

--select ok

--press power key

--When the second HTC Logo screen appears, press and hold the volume down key, the menu key and the optical joystick at the same time. This may take up to 30 seconds.

To disable the safe mode, you may use the steps below

--Press and hold down the Power Key 

--Select Power Off.

--Select OK.

To remove the Kindle application, you can use the steps below.  Applications included with the Android Operating System may not have an uninstall option.

1. From the home screen, touch the applications tab (located in the lower-left).

2. Touch Settings.

3. Touch Applications.

4. Touch Manage applications.

5. Touch the application.

6. Touch Uninstall.

7. Touch OK.

8. Touch OK.

marseille, please let us know if any of the steps above assist in resolving your issue. If you have any additional issues please do not hesitate to post them. The community along with Verizon Wireless reps are here to help in any way. 

0 Likes
Bigfoot46555
Enthusiast - Level 2

Yup. Had the same issue.

Clean your SCREEN quite thoroughly with it off. A build-up of oils and anything that might have been on your fingers builds up on the screen. Once clean, you'll notice it's a WHOLE lot better.

0 Likes