Re: 1 year warranty with Certified Pre-Owned devices
Not applicable

nattertottastic wrote:

I purchased a CPO device (HTC Incredible) about 6 months ago. It's occasionally acted up in the past, but recently it's becoming a nuisance. I read that all CPO devices are covered by a 1 year manufacturer's warranty. I understand that this type of warranty only covers problems associated with a defective device, and not something caused by the user. My question is this: will the 1 year manufacturer warranty replace a manufacturing CPO device with obvious physical damage? I did drop the phone and there's a small crack on the screen. Will Verizon say that the crack is causing the problems? The issues I'm having with the phone are not related to the cracked screen. I just didn't know if the manufacturer warranty is pretty much void as soon as the phone starts to show any 'wear and tear'.

Hi there! 

Unfortunately, cracks are considered beyond normal wear and tear. The manufacturer warranty would be void now. However, do you have insurance on your phone? If you sign into My Verizon at the top of our website you can check your features to find out if you opted into the coverage OR if you know that you have the coverage, you can log into their website to file a claim!

Please advise what is happening on the phone though, the community may be able to help out with troubleshooting and correcting the issues!

Thank you and have a great day!

0 Likes