Re: Why do I need to pay for Network Extender?
1969Daytona
Enthusiast - Level 1

Hi Tony,

I too have been a Verizon customer for over a decade. We have two lines that completely loose their signal and then run the batteries dead roaming. Verizon has made every excuse under the sun, it's your bad batteries, your phones are sooooo old, you live in a poor signal area. now I get "Well we would understand if you wanted to discontinue service.". I bought two new phones and couldn't activate either of them because they couldn't acquire a signal. I returned both to Amazon (pantech hotshot). I have been offered a network extender for $250. It's their network that isn't useable here, why should I have to pay this to make my phones work? I thought my monthly bill I have paid since 2001 (est.) was for that. I guess they have decided I'm not a valuable customer any more. I don't want a 4G phone or a data pack (and the bill that goes along with it.) they have written me off and probably don't want to hear my complaints after 2 years of problems.

I would think that my problems would be a sufficient case for a free network extender  but it appears verizon wants more money to keep me as a customer. My only problem will be finding another provider that has workable coverage in 89011. Did you have any luck with verizon providing the N.E.?