Re: Battery Life with froyo...
budone
Legend

eastoan wrote:

I was at a college football game on Saturday, and when the game started, the phone was fully charged.  By the end of the game, not even four hours later, it was just about dead (less than 10% life left).  All I did was check some scores and did some texting.  Didn't make a call, didn't take any pics or vids or anything. 

YOU may have just checked scores and some texting, but the phone obviously was doing much more. At the 4 hour mark for me, if I am below 80% I am surprised.

You need to see what all is running. How often is the phone checking for email, are you synced to Facebook, are you running  a task killer.... that is the bggest battery killer. And do not worry about the programs you see running in the background, they do not use resources.

I have not cut corners on my phone, I sync 7 email accounts every 15 minutes. I sync weather with 2 services, I keep GPS on all the time, so  in case I lose my phone I can track it. I text (alot) and surf the web and make calls, I can easily make it through the day. Last night at midbight when I came home I was at 10%.

Charge your phone. when charged, unplug the charger shut off the phone and plug the charger in to bump charge. It takes about twenty minutes. When charged, turn the phone on and go through your day. When the battery is low, go into MENU>SETTINGS>PHONE>BATTERY and see what you up time is compared to your awake time. If they are close, you have something that is constantly running.

0 Likes