Re: Battery Life with froyo...
TLBauer3617
Contributor - Level 1

eastoan wrote:

Does anyone not see how ludicrous it is that you have to jump through hoops just to get three-quarters to maybe a slightly full day out of this battery?  Folks, this is a $200 phone!!!  I read the email where the HTC person wrote back with a paragraph full of 'suggestions' to try to milk some extra juice out of the battery.  But the big issue is WHY??  Why should anyone have to turn off widgets, and delete this, and shut down wifi, etc just to try to not have to hang around an electrical outlet all day long?

I was at a college football game on Saturday, and when the game started, the phone was fully charged.  By the end of the game, not even four hours later, it was just about dead (less than 10% life left).  All I did was check some scores and did some texting.  Didn't make a call, didn't take any pics or vids or anything.  That is completely unacceptable in a phone that costs this much money, esp when we all know the iphone battery lasts a TON longer.  I took the phone back to VErizon the next day and the snotty rep was telling me to remove widgets etc and do this and do that.  I had enough and told him 'just go and get me the most basic phone you have because with all of this stuff you're telling me to turn off and delete, that's all I am going to have left'. 

I came from a Bberry Storm, which was pretty much the world's worst phone.  The Incredible is light years ahead of it, but it's a glorified paper weight since I can't be away from a plug for very long.  No one should have to download apps and stand sideways with the back of the phone facing the sun to extend the battery life.  The battery is terrible.....period.  Verizon and HTC need to be taken to task for allowing such a horrific battery to power what could be a very powerful device. 

AMEN!!!!   Well said!

0 Likes