Re: Battery Life with froyo...
TLBauer3617
Contributor - Level 1

john129 wrote:
Ok guys....here is the latest reply I have gotten from HTC. I previously tried everything EXCEPT the battery software reset at the end of the letter, gonna try that now! Dear John, Thank you for contacting HTC in regards to your Incredible. I am sorry to hear that the battery life is not acceptable for your usage. There are some things you may be able to do to prolong your battery life. You can try downloading Advanced Task Killer from the Android Market to reduce the system resources requirements. You may also want to create quick links to your Bluetooth, Wifi, and Mobile Network so you can toggle them when they are not in use. If you have multiple emails set up on the phone, and you have it set to download every so often you may want to change the download frequency of your accounts. To do this, go to each email Inbox and hit Menu -> More -> Settings -> Send/Receive -> Download Frequency and change it to manual. To create the quick links on your main screen, tap and hold on an empty space on one of your home screens, choose Widget -> Power Control and this will allow you to toggle your wireless controls and your backlight (which can also eat battery). If you are still experiencing battery life issues after all that, try this charging method: Let the battery die or get to red status. Hook it up for charging and let it fully charge. Disconnect your charger, turn the phone off, then reconnect your charger and let it charge to full. Turn your phone on then off then on, and hook up for charging again till fully charged. This will reset the software that reads the battery life and will ensure that the battery is getting fully charged. You should not have to do this every time.

Ok ... I was not having a battery issue at 2.1 with an extended battery.  It did not become an issue until 2.2.  Something has changed in the software that is now causing excessive battery drain.  What changed?  Why should any of these steps be necessary?

I believe that it has to do with WiFi.  At 2.1, I left my WiFi on all the time and had no battery problems.  Under 2.2, if I leave it on all the time, the battery is 60% depleted at the end of 24 hours ... and this is a battery that used to get me almost 6 days on a single charge.

Well ... I am using the app "Battery Booster."  I have it set to turn off WiFi whenever the phone goes to sleep.  I have had my phone on since Sunday morning.  Here on Tuesday afternoon, I still have 56% charge remaining.  And, this is having switched from a 3500mah battery to a 1750mah.  (I don't like the big back door required by the extended batteries)

Try the "Battery Booster" app ... It's working for me!

0 Likes