Re: If the 2.2 update has destroyed your phone post your issue here. Wants as many as possible
MOTM

Ever since the last update, I don't know if it was 2.2 or not--no idea, Either way, over time there after, my screen has lost 25% of use vertically over the "home" symbol all the way up to the top of the screen. It also pushes on the screen itself. It makes calls, scrolls up and down uncontrollably, many times I can't even slide my phone open because it requires the that 25% to work since to unlock it is a horizonatal line. From the time I've had the phone, I used to use a pattern of my creation to open it. Now I can't do that because it was nearly impossible to predict it working. So now, not only is my phone screwing up for ME, but it is also vulnerable if stolen. I have been in numerous situations where I have desperately needed my phone and have had to go without, which kills me considering what I pay a month for the service on top of you know...wanting what I bought to actually work. I was under the impression I could get a new phone after year 1. Apparently, I have to wait a total of a year and half before I'm eligible for a free upgrade...which means I'm still more than 6 months now from being able to do anything about it. And I can't afford a new phone at their proces.

The strange thing is, is that even though I can't access my apps on that portion of the screen no matter which of the 5 screens I'm on, when I have the Skype program showing, that portion of the screen works again. It's the only app I know of so far that somehow still uses that portion where everything that is the actual Droid does not. I don't get it. I've been hoping for a new upgrade, that maybe that'll fix the problems I'm having. Otherwise, if this is what I have to deal with for another 6+ months....then I will not be renewing my account. Which is sad. I walked into this very proud and excited and boastful. Instead now, I'm left very disappointed...

0 Likes