Re: How to sync Droid X with Outlook 2010
jb614
Cody21 -
I did the csv export from Outlook to Google and into the Droid X. It didn't work cleanly since it merged several independent contacts from Outlook (and in the csv export file) into one contact on the Droid. example: for many companies, they have locations in many cities, so I set them up as follows...Company=Verizon...LastName=OH-Columbus or OH-Cleveland, or TX-Austin, NJ-Trenton ... Each being separate and distinct contacts in Outlook. Similarily: Company=DominoPizza...Last name=OH-Columbus or OH-Cleveland or MI-Detroit, etc. Again, each being a separate and distinct contact in Outlook. I think you get the picture.

Well when they showed up in the Droid, I only had ONE CONTACT "OH-Columbus" and within that contact, I had a dozen phone numbers, followed by a dozen addresses followed by a dozen company names. No easy way to tell which number went to which address or to which company. Same problem with OH-Cleveland, MI-Detroit, TX-Austin as all contacts with the same last name were merged into one contact on the Droid.

ALSO...if you delete a contact from Google Contacts, it DOES NOT delete the contact from the Droid! So full sync'ing really doesn't work.
0 Likes