Re: Google Voice Commands
Marine322
Enthusiast - Level 2

OK I have found a solution to the problem!  :smileyvery-happy: As I stated earlier in my original post, the new Google voice commands were not working as illustrated in the Google demonstration video.  It would not call or send text to any of my contacts.  :smileymad:

I am very happy to say it now works EXCELLENT!!  What I had to do was 1.) make sure all of my contacts were Gmail contacts. Since most of my contacts were generated from my POP3 MS Outlook email account, I had to import them into my Gmail account.  I did this by 2.) exporting my Outlook  contacts to a CSV file.  This is found in the upper left hand corner under:  File / Import and Export...  After creating the CSV file you need to 3.) go to your Gmail account and import the CSV file to your contacts. This is done by going to :  Mail / Contacts / Import Contacts...  I found steps 1-3  are best done on your desktop PC or laptop; not phone.  

Once you have done this the final step is to 4.) sync your phone to your Gmail account.  This is done on your phone by going to menu / Settings / Accounts & sync / Select the green circular arrows next to your Google Gmail account.  Then enjoy!  Hope this helps!!! :smileywink:  

So regardless of where your contacts came from, the key to the new Google Voice Command to work properly is to have a Google Gmail Account, and have "all" your contacts in the Gmail contacts list.

View solution in original post

0 Likes