Re: Google Voice Commands
AZSALUKI
Legend

while it is cool...it's not new. however, a new feature is an option on the left side of the google search widget (not the app). i set the search widget on my home screen and if you tap the "g" logo on the left side of the widget, you can select what you want to search through ("all", which i believe is all things google, including everything on your phone...."web," where it only searches the web.....or "apps," if you want to directly search apps). however, i've been sending texts by voice since i got the inc 4 months ago. it's always worked pretty decent for me (sometimes inserts a wrong word or sometin). i use it while driving when i get a text. i just touch reply and speak slow and clear and it's worked pretty well. but the search and nav has always worked real well!!!! never tried the voice dial...maybe that is new? i don't know. i thought we always had that too? in fact, i don't even know how to use the google nav. when i got my device my buddy just told me to hit the speaker icon and say "navigate to...." and it pulls up options (if there are more than one of what you said in the area) and i select the nearest one. once he taught me that, i never really learned much about nav or maps or whaetever it is...lol. i just say "navigate to...." and it starts tellin me how to get there. these things really are RIDICULOUS!!! i don't think i can ever go back to a dumb phone now....lol.

0 Likes