Text Message with sent/receive time
Arizona623
Enthusiast - Level 3

I had a LG Voyager before the DX. When I got a text message it would show the time when the sender sent the message and the time I received it. So if I turned my phone on at 10 am and somebody sent a text at 8 am it would show sent at 8 received at 10. I noticed the DX doesn't do this. I looked in the marketplace for a app that could probaly do this but could not find one. Does anybody know of one or do I need to do something in the settings.

0 Likes
Re: Text Message with sent/receive time
Wildman
Legend

By your description this sounds like this may be a network thing, the network settings are usually diffrent for smart phone and this is why there is diffrent plans than a standard phone device so I am unsure if there is a app for this feature,

0 Likes
VZWGuru
Contributor - Level 1

You can download apps for your Droid X that allow you to edit settings to be able to see the date/time on your text messages. For example, the app that I use is called Handcent and it shows the date/time for text messages sent and received. It also allows you to customize its font and color as well as where it appears on the screen.

0 Likes
Arizona623
Enthusiast - Level 3

Thanks, I like the Handcent app. It shows the time the message was actually sent if I have my phone off and turn it back on in the morning. It also has quick text and message lock.

View solution in original post

0 Likes
JohnnyGman
Enthusiast - Level 2

Can you tell me how you got Handcent to show you when your received texts were actually sent from the original sender?  I've been using Handcent and can not find a way for it to display this.

Thanks!

0 Likes
Fwow13
Contributor - Level 2
It seems to be a problem with Android itself, not Handcent. If you use any SMS app you will get the received time instead of the sent time. There are a few apps on the Market that attempt to fix this issue, one of them is called "SMS Time Fix" and it's free. Try installing one of these apps and see if that solves things for you.
0 Likes
JohnnyGman
Enthusiast - Level 2

It looks like "SMS Time Fix" is to address the old issues of Timezone offsets not working properly.

I did find an app called "SMS Timestamper Fix" on the market that is suppose to help address this issue.

Google really needs to store both times in the message database and make them available to the applications.

I also ran across this patch which is suppose to patch the Android OS to store the sent time as opposed to the received time.

You can also follow this as Issue 2989 over at Google.

0 Likes