Re: 3rd Party Email
AZSALUKI
Legend

all i can say is THANK YOU for this thread! here is my story:

also a cox.net user. got my htc inc and went to set up the email. used all the same info from my pc settings. it would receive, but not send. called vzn and was told it was a cox issue. called cox and was told it was a vzn or droid inc issue. this went on for 2 days. eventually a vzn csr told me that some providers do not allow outgoing email from anywhere except for the location you have service (ie, my home adress pc). he told me this was to prevent sending spam and that cox must not allow it unless i actually sign on to their site and email through their site. this was unacceptable so his solution was that i set up a hotmail account and use my cox incoming settings and my hotmail outgoing settings. this fixed it. the only problem is that the stock email app on the htc inc changes my outgoing username to my incoming one, by default, every time i close the email app. so to send i would manually have to change my outgoing settings every time.

i used thes settings for cox that are posted here and it works fine now!!! aparently, i was just given the wrong settings (3 times) by cox!!!!! THANKS AGAIN!!!! no more hybrid email account for me :smileyhappy:

0 Likes