Help need for a Newbie Droid Owner experiencing serious battery problems.
erose7

I've had my Droid for about 2 months now and I've already exchanged it once because of problems with the battery and the screen being ultra sensitive.  The phone I have now has serious battery issues.  First let me say that I have not had the opportunity to take advantage of all the phone has to offer.  If I have 2 calls a day that last approximately 5 mins, I'm doing good.  I haven't used any of the smart phone features.  My email is turned off and I only use the Bluetooth when I'm in the car.  For the most part, the phone is sits idle during the day.

This morning my phone was at 100% charged.  I turned it on and went to work.  When I got to my office, I laid the phone on the desk.  At 11:00 I noticed that the green light was now blinking red.  I 'woke' the screen up to find the battery down to a 15% charge. I took the phone out to my car and plugged it up to charge it.  By the time I left my office, the phone was registering a 70% charge.  By the time I arrived home, it was at 90%.  I left the phone on to see how long it would last.  after approx. 45 mins, the battery was registering 10% charge.

I took the recommendation from this site and check the 'about phone' status.  It states that my display is using 68%, while Android and email are very minimal.  My running services are: Gtalkservic; Android keyboard and Bluetooth share only.

Partial wake usage shows: email with a high blue bar.

Spare parts shows the following: Display - 68%; Android system: 11%; Email 10% Cell standby: 8%; Bluetooth: 2%; Android OS: 2%; Phone idle: 2%; Android core apps: 2%.  I don';t understand how email is still registering as I turned the sync for email off.

Anyone have any tips, tricks or suggestions I can make before I'm forced to return this phone for another model. I really want to be able to use all the bells and whistles of this phone, but I can't until I get these issues resolved.

0 Likes
Re: Help need for a Newbie Droid Owner experiencing serious battery problems.
willanaya
Contributor - Level 3

try a battery pull, sorry but you didnt mention that you did, but give that a try. do it at least 3 times.

if not, you could have a defective battery

0 Likes
erose7

willanaya wrote:

try a battery pull, sorry but you didnt mention that you did, but give that a try. do it at least 3 times.

if not, you could have a defective battery

Hi,

Is a battery pull simply removing the battery.  If so, do I perform this action after a charge cycle on 3 consecutive times?

0 Likes
cb2000

Yeah sounds like a battery problem.  I watched movies and played games on a 5 hour flight and still had battery left.  Try the battery pull and see if that helps.  I assume the display is shutting down when not in use?

0 Likes
dweib

Download an App called Advanced Task Killer Free from the App store and then put it on the "Home" page. Press it and select (Green check) all the things that are running, and then press Kill Selected Apps at the top

Do this several times a day to stop the energy usage from the apps you are not running. When you need them they will come up again.

Your sales person should have done this for you.

D

0 Likes