Re: Motorola Droid Text/Data Problem
willanaya
Contributor - Level 3

Celdtun wrote:

I recently purchased two Motorola Droids; one for myself, the other for my wife.  Her phone seems to be working without issues, but mine continues to have intermittent connection problems.  Over the course of two weeks, I have had several dropped calls, several times I cannot place a call, several times I couldn't send/receive texts and often unable to download any data without being wirelessly connected.  My wife's does all this without any interruptions, even if she is sitting right next to me.  Doing a search on Google didn't turn up anything useful and I really don't want to be forced into returning the phone.

Does anyone here have any suggestions on things I could try?  I've already updated the phone with *228 and removed any applications that have anything to do with the connectivity or setting of the phone.  Powering off/on the phone does not allow me to reconnect to the network and the notifications ate the top sometimes show that I have signal (both data and voice) but I'll still be unable to use those features.

Thanks in advance.

i read a post about something similar to this.

are you a former alltel customer and this number is an alltel number?  if so, activate your wife's phone with your number and see if the same symptoms occur.  if they do, you need a new number.  there is something associated with that number and alltel that will cause this problem.

if not, and the phone works fine, or you were never an alltel customer, then dial ##7764726 (##program), password 000000 (6 zeros), choose 04 Vocode, select EVRC-B. by choosing this, it should improve your call quality, i know it has mine. also save the number in your contacts because not all towers are programed for EVRC-B and should you come across one that isn't then you could program it back to its original setting.  but i have had this setting for quiet a while and i have had no problems with these settings

if any of these things dont work then exchange the phone. you just happened to have purchased a bad one.

0 Likes