droidoholic
0 Likes
Re: Nexus One or Droid Incredible ?
droidoholic
0 Likes
Big_Red_Loyal

droidoholic wrote:

Good point. I am not sure if the 256 RAM is set in stone, from most of the news I have been hearing it is supposed to be a tad more advance than the N1. High Def video, optical mouse, HTC sense UI ( which if you haven't seen it on a phone yet you should, very sweet). But don't get me wrong, the N1 is a great phone, before I learned about the Incredible I was all over it. Its just how Google is distributing the phone that I am not crazy about. I like going to VZW an actually trying out the phone prior to purchase, as service is another concern. I need my phone and If it breaks I need a replacement that day. I don't want to wait for Google or HTC to mail me a new one. Their current policy is they mail you a new phone and when you receive it you my your old phone back. Don't think that will work for me. I have also heard talk that Google only gives a discount to Individual accounts not family plans. If this is true why would I pay full price for a N1 when I could pick up the Incredible with similar specs at a discounted price.

Like I said the N1 is a great phone and if it fits for you than great. I'm sure you won't be disappointed with it, I just like to look at the big picture when deciding on a new device.

That wasn't Google, that was T-Mobile with the calling plans. Google doesn't have anything to do with the plans. Also, The N1 is subsidized on T-Mobile and it's less than what the Droid is now.....

0 Likes
droidoholic

Discounted on a family plan or an individual plan? I heard they didn't discount it on a family plan.

0 Likes
greggds

I know that there are a lot of us eagerly awaiting news on release dates - whether it is the Nexus 1 or HTC Incredible - but in my not so expert opinion, I believe that whatever announcement is to be made will occur very soon.  We all know that gauging the price (and particularly price drops of devices)  can give us some hints as to what is about to occur in the marketplace.  I have traditionally done this solely through Verizon's website, and some of the upgrade pricing for my particular account.  However, as I have been researching my phone choice, I noticed that Dell has now started carrying mobile phones for Sprint, AT&T, T-Mobile, AND Verizon.  I know this is a Verizon webpage, but go check for yourself: http://mobility.dell.com/mobile/?r=dellmobility&refcode1=DMS_4444_000_PHONESCARRIERPLANS

The reason I point this out is that before I learned about the Nexus 1 and other potential HTC Droid phones that were to be released this Spring, I was gauging the Storm 2 (have a Storm 1 and contact people overseas using BBM) and the Motorola Droid.  Prices for these two phones two weeks ago were significantly less than the quoted price on Verizon (Storm 2 on Verizon with 2 year was $169.99, Storm 2 on Dell with 2 year was $49.99; Moto Droid on Verizon with 2 year was $199.99, Moto Droid on Dell with 2 year was $99.99).

Those prices have come down significantly on Dell as of this morning, and I am sure that it is in some effort to clear inventory.  The Storm 2 is now $0.99 and the Moto Droid is $49.99.

This is not a sales-pitch for Dell at all, but rather to let you know the direction of pricing the past couple of weeks.  I have no idea how new they stock new additions nor if the pricing is different from what Verizon will offer as the new phones are released.  Plus, if I go from the Nexus 1 I will have to get that directly from Google anyway.

At any rate, I hope this info was helpful.

0 Likes
apangohio

Are there any updates on the release dates of either?  My BB Curve is on its last leg.

0 Likes
droidoholic

Actually I have seen sites advertising the Droid for $49, and VZW is doing BOGO for the Droid as well ( don't know if that end yet).

Even with all that said I would never purchace a Nexus One from T mobile knowing all the problems they were having with the 3G connections. VZW for me. Thats funny thought you screen name is Big Red Loyal? Oh by the way you are right Google does not control T mobiles calling plans, but they control everything that has to do with the sales and distribution of the N1, remember you are buying from google to get the N1 not T mobile, you are only using their service. You can't return the phone to T mobile for service if needed. So do I believe that Google controls the price of the N1, most def. 

0 Likes
droidoholic
0 Likes
Androidoholic
Enthusiast - Level 3

Yes VZW is having a BOGO for the Droid, not sure about the Eris I haven't check. Could this means that they are trying to get the last big push on the Droid before they come out with their next flagship phone. My prediction is that we will hear something Incredible at the CTIA Wireless 2010, March 23rd-25th just 4 short weeks away. I know alot of people expected to hear something at the MWC that just passed, but what most people don't know is that the MWC highlights GSM technology, which most of the European carriers provide. I truly didn't expect to hear anything about the Incredible from that show. With that said the CTIA is a whole different story. It is held in Las Vegas and has been the platform for many U.S. carriers to show off their up coming line up. Oh check the link by the way and take notice to the vendors list, both Verizon and HTC America will be there. Waiting patiently to get my Incredible.

Oh and yes I like your name too. Great minds think alike. HA:smileyvery-happy:

http://www.ctiawireless.com/

0 Likes
greggds

so...based on the reported difference of the RAM on both phones, for those that understand the OS and additions like Sense, etc...how much of a difference will this mean in the functionality comparison between the Nexus and Incredible?

0 Likes