Re: Nexus One or Droid Incredible ?
greggds

I know that there are a lot of us eagerly awaiting news on release dates - whether it is the Nexus 1 or HTC Incredible - but in my not so expert opinion, I believe that whatever announcement is to be made will occur very soon.  We all know that gauging the price (and particularly price drops of devices)  can give us some hints as to what is about to occur in the marketplace.  I have traditionally done this solely through Verizon's website, and some of the upgrade pricing for my particular account.  However, as I have been researching my phone choice, I noticed that Dell has now started carrying mobile phones for Sprint, AT&T, T-Mobile, AND Verizon.  I know this is a Verizon webpage, but go check for yourself: http://mobility.dell.com/mobile/?r=dellmobility&refcode1=DMS_4444_000_PHONESCARRIERPLANS

The reason I point this out is that before I learned about the Nexus 1 and other potential HTC Droid phones that were to be released this Spring, I was gauging the Storm 2 (have a Storm 1 and contact people overseas using BBM) and the Motorola Droid.  Prices for these two phones two weeks ago were significantly less than the quoted price on Verizon (Storm 2 on Verizon with 2 year was $169.99, Storm 2 on Dell with 2 year was $49.99; Moto Droid on Verizon with 2 year was $199.99, Moto Droid on Dell with 2 year was $99.99).

Those prices have come down significantly on Dell as of this morning, and I am sure that it is in some effort to clear inventory.  The Storm 2 is now $0.99 and the Moto Droid is $49.99.

This is not a sales-pitch for Dell at all, but rather to let you know the direction of pricing the past couple of weeks.  I have no idea how new they stock new additions nor if the pricing is different from what Verizon will offer as the new phones are released.  Plus, if I go from the Nexus 1 I will have to get that directly from Google anyway.

At any rate, I hope this info was helpful.

0 Likes