Re: Droid X - Restart Issues
chazz894

I have had this issue on 2 lines on my account I started with the HTC droid incredible and after me and my daughter both replaced that phone 7 times in less then 6 mounts and the last 4 was in less then 30 days Verizon offered us the Droid X as a replacement for that device. I was hoping that changing to another manufacturer would fix the issue.

Now in less then 3 weeks one of the droid x's will no longer power on it will get to the red driod symbol and then power back off. The other one has restarted itself 4-5 times on several apps so the apps are not the issue that I can seem to find and also when it is just sitting on my table and no one has gone near it.

I did the factory reset on the HTC phones and also have looked at the apps on the 2 phones me and my daughter made sure that we pick's apps that were similar in function but not made by the same Co that way we could rule out a problem with a specific app, still the problem persist.

We charge the phones in different ways I use the USB cable connected to my computer to charge my phone she uses the wall plug to charge hers. We sync to different computers with different OS's on them one windows 7 the other Mac OS X. The only constant I have found is the 2 phones run about the same OS. I contacted Verizon Tech Support today and after advising them of the issue and being told again that it is not a problem that they get lots of calls about I was directed to Motorola for this issue, and told if Motorola was unable to help me with some type of software fix to call Verizon back since Motorola tech support for phones is closed till tomorrow morning am waiting to hear back from them. I will update my post with the info I get from Motorola tomorrow when I speak to them.

0 Likes