Horrible Battery Since Latest Update
Miller6386
Contributor - Level 1

Ever since the last Android update my phone's battery life has been UNBEARABLE!!!!! Previously I was able to get a FULL day of work in and STILL be able to use it after work for a while before having to charge it... Now I STRUGGLE to get 4-6 hours out of it with MINIMAL usage..... My minimal I am talking 1 or 2 3 to 4 minute conversations and maybe a dozen text messages.... I have turned ALL auto updates off, signed out of all accounts, factory reset TWICE, used the phone with ONLY stock apps installed for a few days and all with no changes.... I know that after a FDR it will take a couple days for things to settle in but nothing has helped.... I am in the service industry and NEED my phone to last at a minimum of 8 hours... When I need to make a call or look something up it is IMPERATIVE that I am able to do so.... This is unacceptable for the battery to drain so fast.... I was in the shop today working with data OFF and on WIFI only and lost 80% of battery in just 6 hours.

I have downloaded battery monitoring apps and they do not show anything to cause concern. The stock battery app also shows nothing out of the ordinary.. The phone is sleeping when it is "idle" and nothing seems to be trying to run or access the web when it shouldn't....

I need a phone that can last and if this can't be fixed I will be forced to look elsewhere for a device that will. I live in a larger city with good coverage and service so I know that signal strength isn't an issue. I have read across the web the last few days and see there are many complaints just like mine. If an update or solution can't be found in the coming days I will be forced to look elsewhere for a device that can meet my needs again... The Ultra was a GREAT phone when I first got it a few months back but now is almost unusable.... PLEASE HELP!!! Thank You!