home screens wiped
wknits

I have been receiving the error message of "UIDs on system are inconsistent,you need to wipe your data partition or your device will be unstable", and also an error with the google play store "not responding". The google play error pops up pretty continuously for a few minutes and will then disappear. My browser isn't working, and all I get is the option to force close. My battery hasn't been charging well, and has been dying randomly on and off (even while charging). My phone died earlier while on the charger, and upon restart, a small red box with a white person showed up in the top left corner of the notifications bar. There was a message on the screen that said it was loading, but might take a while. (I have never had this happen before) Now all of my home screens are completely blank. The clock doesn't show up, none of my shortcuts are there, none of my email accounts are synced, and my wallpaper and ringtones are different from what they were previously set to. All of the apps I had installed still show under all apps, and some, but not all of my pictures are there. My contacts were completely gone, until I received some texts (labeled with the sender's names from my contacts), but my call history is still gone. I have the option to update, but have previously tried updating and it doesn't complete.

I have no idea what is happening with my phone. I have been planning on getting a new one soon, but would prefer to at least scrape by with this phone for a few days, especially if I can fix whatever is going on.

0 Likes