Re: Refurbished inferno
Not applicable

I agree it is of no harm to vent. Vent away....

I understand your dilemma since I always say a refurbished phone is only another broken phone with a different set of problems.

The phones today depending on how we take care of them can last many years past that 24 months. But I understand that life situations can cause things to go wrong. To have to upgrade well that is a soul searching decision. It could be the cost, or the fact you don't want to be in a contract any longer. There are many reasons that I probably have not touched on.

The simple facts are you paid good money for the phone, of course a subsidy is way cheaper than any phone I ever bought. I pay full price. If it breaks I buy another one. But I also take good care of my toys.

But you do have the option when the times comes to replace the device.

The OTA updates are hit and miss on many different brands of phones, when Google gets around to making a patch I am sure Verizon and others will push it out to the customers. I hope they will

Other than the work arounds posted here and on the net we are powerless to do anything but complain, or replace devices. Not a good choice I may add. Oh well