Re: Refurbished inferno
rahgor
Enthusiast - Level 2

I think we are misunderstanding each other and maybe I'm not doing a good job with conveying my point.

I have a  warranty that I pay for every month.  The goal is to cover defects in manufacturing and I also have warranty for self-inflicted damage.  My issue is with the myriad of manufacturer defects in software and refurbished hardware (I keep getting like new phones) that is impairing my workflow.  I am not asking for new terms, nor am I asking them to change my contract or give me a new phone etc. Simply put, I am on my 3rd phone and I don't like going through the process of factory data resets, sending the phone back, getting a refurb w/ poor quality control issues, and thus going through a vicious cycle.

I have no problems with my contract, the terms, or even the service.  My only hitch is a phone that has had a larger than usual batch of software and hardware issues which are not getting solved with the refurbished phones I'm getting; hence the title "refurbished inferno".  I could call now, they will send me another phone and go through it all over till it's right (if ever) or as you say, I could accept that despite the warranty and the assurance that they will get it right, it will not be right, that I have a lemon product and my only option is to hit the road or bite the bullet.

I do hope you understand why this might be frustrating.  I'm not attacking anyone or denigrating verizon or demanding anything.  Is it too much to ask for a phone to work the way it is supposed to work (a la the manual and the spec sheets) whether its day 1 or month 20?

0 Likes