Re: Droid Charge...epic fail?
jeparham
Enthusiast - Level 2

Add me to the list of those who think the Charge is a great big bucket of FAIL.

About a week ago I awoke to find my Charge either powered off or frozen.  I had to pull the battery and reinsert it to get it to restart.

But then it only booted to that weird droid eye thing, and then stopped. After waiting 30 minutes for it to finish booting, I pulled the battery and reinserted it, again, turned on the phone and it booted.  However,

• All of my contacts were gone.
  • All of my email accounts were gone.
  • All of the custom sounds I had set up were gone.
  • All of the display options I had set had reverted back to factory settings.  For some reason, the custom themes were still intact.  Go figure.

So, I reconfigured all the settings and things were back to normal... I thought.  Over the weekend I noticed my Home and Search buttons no longer work.  Press them all you want, nothing's happening.

And then today, another problem arrived. 

Something decided that ALL my incoming calls should go straight to voice mail and not even let me know a call had came in.  The only way I know a call comes in is if the caller leaves a voice mail, or if I check the call log which clearly shows the incoming calls and their timestamps.

I realized something was wrong when my employer asked me why I had ignored his calls to me all day.  I had to get him to call my phone while we were in the same room to prove to him that my phone was not working correctly.  (Thanks, Verizon, that was just loads of fun.)

I can send and receive text messages.  I can make calls.   I just can't receive calls.  I don't even know how to turn on Forwarding To Voice Mail, so I am fairly certain that isn't what is wrong.