will my unlimited data card remain so if i switch it for another
lisaf

I have an old alltel data card that has an unlimited plan, we have had it and paid for its use since the verizon switch.  If I buy another data card from amazon or ebay and switch it for the current one, keeping the same number etc, will I still have unlimited data?

0 Likes
Re: will my unlimited data card remain so if i switch it for another
Ann154
Community Leader
Community Leader

Would this be another Alltel branded data device or a Verizon one?  I know 4G LTE broadband devices can't be activated on an old unlimited broadband data plan. Also Verizon will longer allow people to activated an old or new Alltel device that isn't already activated on the network.

So I think you chances are slim at best.

I'm most definitely NOT a VZW employee. If a post answered your question, please mark it as the answer.

0 Likes
N4UPD

Only problem is now Verizon is going to cut off the alltel network so if you have an alltel data card with unlimited plan you are going to be forced to buy a verizon device and probably a tiered data plan or just be cut off and you will no longer have internet access.Heck if they woiuld offer a decent amount of data at a decent price like 20GB for $60 a month I could live with that but this share everything pplan is a joke.

0 Likes
Not applicable

You can get 10GB for $100.  That's the best you're going to do with Verizon.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Hi, lisaf-

We have an awesome lineup for wireless MiFi Jetpack devices! When activating new equipment the line will migrate to one of our current Jetpack plans. If you need assistance with activating the new device, please feel free to reach out to me (AdamE_VZW) for further assistance via direct message.

Thank you!
AdamE_VZW
Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport

0 Likes
poidude
Enthusiast - Level 3

If you do a Share Everything "data device only" plan (no phones), you can get 10GB for $60 (the data pool) + $20 for each Jetpack/Modem and/or $10 for each tablet (and keep separate whatever phone plan you have).

Scroll to the middle of this link: http://www.verizonwireless.com/b2c/plan-information/?page=share-everything

0 Likes