Re: Outrageous Usage
Protege
Contributor - Level 1

A "Hard cap" refers to someone limiting your bill, that's what I meant.  So in this case if  he was supposed to have 1k in overages he would have only been charged $250 maximum before taxes.  I couldn't find any information on how many times they allow this cap but the point is that they allow you stop a wildfire from spreading in regards to your bill and this allows you to learn how to use your mobile broadband.

s2marks - you may feel sick about having a larger bill than expected, everyone would.  It sucks.  Regardless of how sick you feel about your bill, it comes down to the point that the usage was made.  We can't get credits from out electric company for leaving lights on accidentally or going on vacation, leaving a window open during the summer and leaving your thermostat at 75 degrees causing your AC to run constantly. 

So, the original poster is an unfortunate case but also fortunate.  His bill was limited but his usage was not.  He also received credits towards his balance. If you read around these boards more, you will see verizon wireless take's it easy on a lot of people - not just a few.

Verizon Wireless won't change the way it bills their calling plans because someone doesn't like the way it's billed or how much they can use.  I have no idea how many mobile broadband customers they actually have but most of them seem to be pretty content with the service they pay for.  Sure, lower prices would be sweet. 

In regards to "fair" overage charges, that's why verizon wireless changed from .25 cents per mb to .05 per mb right?  Or did they lower the overage minute to keep gouging us with unfair prices? 

And if you go to dial-up...then I really don't know what to say. 

Hope this helps clear up some information

0 Likes