Re: Can I leave the MiFi charger plugged in?
veggigolf

I'm wondering if anyone found a way to just leave the Mifi plugged in 24/7 without worrying about long-term damage to the battery? Supposedly, constant charging of a Li-ion battery reduces its life.  My charger even has a tag that says not to leave the Mifi plugged in longer than is necessary to charge the battery.  I tried removing the battery and plugging the Mifi to the charger, to no avail.

The whole point of getting this Mifi is to have the convenience of leaving the Mifi in the sweet spot where the best signal is, have wireless internet when I need it, and not have to plug in, charge, unplug, turn on, use till discharged, repeat the whole process...which can happen several times in a day.  It gets really annoying, prompting me to want to leave the device plugged in all day with total disregard to the life of the battery.

That being said, is there some kind of adapter than can only send "charge" juice to the Mifi when it is drained and stop sending juice when it reaches full charge?  I would think that technology would be standard, but  I guess there wouldn't be a reason to upgrade or buy new batteries once they die.

0 Likes