Verison Cell Modem (Novatel usb760)
trailertrash
Re: USB760 & Linux: memory card usable?[ New ]

Unfortunately it does not support Linux. 

James
Verizon Wireless
South Area Operations

Here is a reply which is about one year old but the question of Linux drivers remains.  

Verison Wireless states above that "....it does not support Linux" but the manufacturer, Novatel claims otherwise (check their website).    Are we to think that Verison simply does not care to support Linux?   This is not something which inspires confidence I would think.    I am using Vista now only because I must in order to use my Verison Wireless device, not because I want to.   I much prefer almost any flavor of Linux.   

Hopefully James at Verison will discover that the statement pasted above is not true.    The USB760 is usable on Linux.   Verison has build in the drivers for MS and Apple into the device.   They could as easily include those for Linux.    Should they decide to do so they will be hailed as leaders in the wireless market.   

Well I have some time to go before renewing my contract.    If by that time Verison still trys to tell us that this device "does not support Linux" Probably the wife and I will change all of our Verison business to whoever else can serve our wireless needs.

C'mon Verison....   at least tell the truth about your failure to provide drivers for Linux.    Sounds to me like the gods of "proprietary" are runing the show (as usual).

0 Likes