Re: Field test Analysis
VZlwh

B1 Awhile back you wrote...

"Dormant state = When a data device is idle, it goes dormant. The logical connection is still up, but no data is moving. When you request data or data is being sent to the device, the connection is instantly established. This saves time as opposed to tearing down the connection when idle then re-establishing it from scratch again".

Many of us are having this problem of VZAccess going to dormant and then stalling there. It does not refresh, in my case I've had it go "dormant" when my web browser was actively trying to connect to websites, or while I'm surfing the web, if I stop operations briefly to read or do some thing else, VZManager goes to "dormant" phase. When I attempt to resume surfing I get continual error messages from my browser sayin "it could not connect, check for service". VZManager says I'm connected o.k. but "dormant". There is no way to tell VZ to come out of dormant. When I exit VZ, and attempt to connect fresh, I get a variety of error messages. Multiple attemts to re-connect fail. The most common error messages is "could not connect to remote server"
Once we're at this stage its necessary to disconect the modem. I have to shut down & re-start my compter, with the subsequent loss of all the data I've downloaded & all of the time waiting for it to download. I also know that once I "fix" the problem I'll just have to wait until all the pages download again. All of the double downloads, some times triple or quadrupal, cost dataflow which I am charged for. Once I've shut down, I restart VZ, I have to "detect" the modem, activate the modem, and then finally reconnect. This process takes time, sometimes as much as an hour to recover to the previous working stage. This has happened with 4 different browsers on varied websites.

Have you seen any fixes for this ??? Verizon senior techs have been no help.

0 Likes