Re: Home Broadband Fusion Typical High Power Consumption
John_Getzke
Champion - Level 1

You bring forth an interesting subject Germantown.

I do not have access to HomeFusion but have often wondered the same thing.  A high powered antenna and amplifier is bound to consume a noticeable amount of electricity.  So far no one has posted any statistics on it until now.

I wouldn't suppose that the common Verizon Sales rep would be trained in the arts of home power consumption and conservation.  Doesn't seem like something a trained rep would bother trying to explain to new users.  Power bills are different for each area too.  Electricity costs 10 cents/KWH around where I live.

Still, asking for a notification or something that states the power requirements for the device and service would be helpful.  A new car may not be a good comparision as you stated above, gas milage is not a requirement for vehicles.  However, all new home appliances do advertise there power levels on them to give consumers an idea of the imact they will have on the power bill.  For example a new fridge, TV or electric stove would have an energy star rating posted on a sticker on the box or display piece on the showroom floor.

0 Likes