I'm waiting on 5.0
mfonville26

Does anyone have any idea when Verizon is going to relesae 5.0 for the blackberry tour?  All the other carries have released 5.0 what is going on, with Verizon?

Labels (1)
0 Likes
Re: I'm waiting on 5.0
jnestell
Contributor - Level 2

There is no official or unofficial response from Verizon right now.  I am guessing they will not release due to the fact that the Tour 2 or Bold will be coming out in the near future.

0 Likes
mfonville26

So you are saying when the tour 2 or bold comes out that is when they will release the 5.0 software upgrade?  So when are they going to be releasing the tour 2 or bold?

0 Likes
jnestell
Contributor - Level 2

That is the great debate.  There has been no real announcement of Verizon not releasing 5.0 for the Tour but they just did the same thing with the Curve.  We were waiting for 5.0 to come out for the 8330 and then the Curve II 8530 came out and it had 5.0 on it and they discontinued the 8330.  This is why I believe they will put it on the new Tour.  However as you will see, the new Tour has not been announced and there is an issue with even naming the phone as BB wants it to be the Bold.

0 Likes
mfonville26

So in other words there is no 5.0 software update for the blackberry tour. 

0 Likes
jreilly37

There is....Just not from Verizon. ;o)

0 Likes
mfonville26

Thanks, so much for your help if  you hear anything please let me know!!!! :smileyhappy:  I'm going to be content with what I have!!!!

0 Likes
drb4bb

I had a tip that Sprint would be releasing the CDMA version of the Bold first, Verizon following. It does sound correct in that Sprint has already released 5.0 for their Tour while Verizon users are left in the dark.

Historically Verizon has released software updates in advance of new device releases. However, I think that seeing that every other carrier that has the Tour 9630, it's inexcusable for Verizon to keep their customers in the dark by not giving them what could potentially make their experience with Verizon much better.

Just give us something to work with Verizon. At least give us a reason as to why you're not releasing it.

0 Likes
drb4bb

As far as the naming is concerned, according to CrackBerry.com, the name Tour 2 will be dropped and the Bold name will be used so that BlackBerry can maintain continuity amongst its devices. CrackBerry.com said that it might be because the Tour isn't a device that spans across all carriers, rather just CDMA carriers (at least here in the US). They wanted to just change it to the Bold so that every carrier has its Bold (just like how every carrier has its version of the Curve).

0 Likes
CELLFAN

Verizon sucks at software release on their network. Dont hold your breath for the Tour 2 / Bold. We have been waiting for that phone since November last year. Verizons network is great but a sa company they suck!

mfonville26 wrote:

Does anyone have any idea when Verizon is going to relesae 5.0 for the blackberry tour?  All the other carries have released 5.0 what is going on, with Verizon?

0 Likes