FAQ page
LOWFLYER
Contributor - Level 2
To any and all the mods (i know you're watching) keeping an eye on the BB section, a few of us (myself and xtremeberry i know for sure) would like to make a FAQ thread for all the questions that are brought here on a daily basis like data plan coverage, routine Berry maintenance, links to the newest RIM software and things of that nature.  Can we get one of ya'll to hook us up with a thread that is stickied at the top?  The redundant questions are getting out of hand.  Thanks.
Labels (1)
0 Likes
Re: FAQ page
nmchileman
Master - Level 3

Agreed. You should read this. Keeping an updated FAQ is something that's been brought up before, apparently the mods are looking into it and ironing out the details. As the link suggests, I feel updating of the FAQ section should be limited to a few power users that are active posters and have a good reputation for good information. Maybe you can be included as well.

0 Likes
LOWFLYER
Contributor - Level 2
I would really like that.  I know I'm pretty new here, but I'd be happy to keep a FAQ page updated with the latest and greatest information.  I think power users should include an indiviual with each of the BB devices.  For instance, I myself have a Storm obviously, so I could update Storm info.  You have a Curve and a Tour so you could do those handset......
0 Likes
Jay-VzW
Contributor - Level 1

Both good ideas.  A FAQ section under the Wireless category already exists - so are you suggesting we add more content to it or create a separate sticky thread within the BlackBerry board that contains all relevant FAQs? 

Also, Verizon Wireless has a fairly robust FAQ section under our main support site here http://support.vzw.com/faqs/. How would a duplicate FAQ resource fit into your ideas?

0 Likes
LOWFLYER
Contributor - Level 2
Absolutely.  It's very obvious that people ignore the FAQ thread in the other section of this forum.  I would suggest a FAQ thread in this BB section saying something a long the lines of "READ FIRST BEFORE YOU POST" on top or under your "How to update your BB device thread" or simply turn that thread into a FAQ thread since it's stuck to the top.  Those of us who come here every day could submit additions to you I suppose for approval and you could just add to it as necessary.  Just a though.....
0 Likes
docfreed

Problem is than when VZW discontinues a phone, they discontinue FAQ posting.  For example, there is no entry for "Data Services" for a Blackberry Curve 83XX on their main FAQ.

A second FAQ is needed so that if a new user needs info, there's a place to get it

0 Likes
XtremeBerry
Contributor - Level 3

This is a wonderful idea I never would have thought of.:smileywink: Thank goodness

I would gladly help out with this if ya want.

0 Likes
LOWFLYER
Contributor - Level 2

XtremeBerry wrote:

This is a wonderful idea I never would have thought of.:smileywink: Thank goodness

I would gladly help out with this if ya want.

All submissions should be considered and all those who contribute here on any kind of regular basis and have a working knowledge of BBs should consider submitting what they think would be relavent to helping others just scratch the surface of these devices.  A few things already come to my mind that need to be in this FAQ such as: Data plan inclusions, Battery Pulls, and other routine fixes that newbies aren't familiar with.
0 Likes
XtremeBerry
Contributor - Level 3
How the GPS works and with which programs for which devices. :smileytongue: I answer this one all the time!
0 Likes
XtremeBerry
Contributor - Level 3
When can we get some new avatars or use are own? Whats up with this?
0 Likes