Backup Assistant for Blackberry Devices
StreetDocRN
Champion - Level 1

Hi, all,

I have had a few folks send me private messages asking how to backup and restore contacts using Verizon's Backup Assistant.  I know that the old saying, "a picture is worth a thousand words" is true.  I found a page on Verizon's website that does explain Backup Assistant with pictures included that is helpful.  Go to http://search.vzw.com/?do=viewdoc&id=30883&p=null for more information about using Backup Assistant.  To restore your contacts, see this page here at http://search.vzw.com/?do=viewdoc&id=30886 for more info.  I hope this helps a few folks.

Doc

Labels (1)
0 Likes
Re: Backup Assistant for Blackberry Devices
sadie85
Contributor - Level 3

Good thing to have, especially if you don't do regular backups of your phone.

0 Likes
StreetDocRN
Champion - Level 1

sadie85 wrote:

Good thing to have, especially if you don't do regular backups of your phone.

Sadie,

You hit the nail on the head.  There are a lot of Blackberry folks, especially Tour owners, who are upgrading to the latest upgrade and losing contact information.  Maybe this will help some folks.

Doc

0 Likes
alynne84
Enthusiast - Level 1

How do you get Backup Assistant on your Tour?  I have read that it should have been pushed to my phone, but it wasn't.  What do I need to do to get it?

0 Likes
StreetDocRN
Champion - Level 1

alynne84 wrote:

How do you get Backup Assistant on your Tour?  I have read that it should have been pushed to my phone, but it wasn't.  What do I need to do to get it?

Hi,

It is easy to get Backup Assistant on your device.  On your Tour, start the Blackberry browser.  Navigate to http://start.vzw.com and look for the icon for Backup Assistant.  Click on that icon link and follow the instructions.  That's it...good luck and I hope this helps.

Doc

View solution in original post

0 Likes
alynne84
Enthusiast - Level 1

Okay, I did all of this.  It says download was successful but when I try to run Backup assistant it says it has encountered an error, please try again.

I have uninstalled it and reinstalled it 3 times.  i now get this message:  Uncaught exeption: java.lang.NoClassdef  FoundError

Help!

0 Likes
StreetDocRN
Champion - Level 1

alynne84 wrote:

Okay, I did all of this.  It says download was successful but when I try to run Backup assistant it says it has encountered an error, please try again.

I have uninstalled it and reinstalled it 3 times.  i now get this message:  Uncaught exeption: java.lang.NoClassdef  FoundError

Help!

Hi,

Pull the battery out and allow your device to reboot.  This should fix things up.

Doc

0 Likes
alynne84
Enthusiast - Level 1

The problem must not be with Backup Assistant, after I do the battery pull the first thing I see is a black box with this error message:

Uncaught exception:

java.lang.NoClassDefFound Error

Any ideas what to do?

0 Likes
StreetDocRN
Champion - Level 1

alynne84 wrote:

The problem must not be with Backup Assistant, after I do the battery pull the first thing I see is a black box with this error message:

Uncaught exception:

java.lang.NoClassDefFound Error

Any ideas what to do?

Alynne,

Try this...go back and delete the Backup Assistant program.  Allow your device to reboot.  After it comes back up, go to Options>Applications and press the Menu key.  Select modules.  Scroll down until you find the following modules:

syncclient_ba_bb9000

syncmon_ba_bb9000

You will need to delete those two modules.  Then pull the battery and reboot.  Then, try to install the Backup Assistant program.  It should work without the error.

Doc

0 Likes
alynne84
Enthusiast - Level 1

This didn't work , as soon as I download Backup Assistant again those two items are back.  After I delete them and reboot I don't get the error message but as soon as I download BUA, I do.

0 Likes