Re: All other search providers removed: required to use bing
montyl

If you would read the entire thread you would see that we are not talking about the bing app that VZW pushed out.  What everyone is talking about is the search window in the BlackBerry browser where you used to be able to set Google, Wikipedia, or a couple of others.

VZW is in the process of pushing out service books to BB's removing our choice of search engine and only allowing us to use bing, unless we navigate to Google, or install and app that takes us to Google.

Now I know that there are people that like bing, hey great for them, and I am glad to see they have that option available to them.  Personally I have never gotten any usable results from bing, compared to Google.

Everyone's post/complaint is passed on our constitutional right to be able to choose, and not have our government or corporate base make our decisions for us.

Now if Google has or had come out and said they no longer were going to allow RIM to have Google listed as an available default search engine, that is one thing, but VZW and MS striking a monetary contract to infringe on my right that is different.

For those of you that think this is all about people just wanking, I am glad you are willing to give up your constitutional rights of choice, but don't infringe on mine.

0 Likes