Tour - OTA update script not in "options"?
kevlar119
 A tech asked me to update via OTA the other day  -- I don't have the "wireless update" script under the "options" folder.  He said it may have been overlooked in this build - the only way to update would be to use the desktop software.  Any one actually have this option on their Tour?
Labels (1)
0 Likes
Re: Tour - OTA update script not in "options"?
LOWFLYER
Contributor - Level 2

I checked a friend of mine's Tour and she does not have the option either.  Until VZW actually comes out with a firmware update for the tour (which won't be for a while I imagine) you don't really need it as it will tell you no updates available.  The *228 option should be all you need at this time.

Keep in mind too that if you do an OTA update using this feature you will wipe your phone clean and loose all your info unless you have backed up the phone prior.  With BB Desktop Mgr you backup, update, load your backup, and then you're good to go.  Some of my friends with Storms who did the recent .148 firmware update didn't know this and just did the OTA and lost all their stuff at which point you'll have to take your old phone and your BB to VZW so they can reinstall all your contacts minus whatever new ones u had with the BB prior to the update.  But all your msgs and apps will be history. 

Justin

A "Quickpull" a day keeps the lag away.

Serving proudly, USAF, Land of the free because of the brave.

0 Likes
XtremeBerry
Contributor - Level 3
Can I ask what your problem was that a tech guy told you to update the OS on the Tour, since there is only one OS build for it. Im curious:smileyhappy:
0 Likes
kevlar119
 I initially called about not receiving my VIP discount and ended up talking to someone in the Global department.  He was very helpful and gave quite a bit of information to me about the phone.  This is my first bb, so every bit helps!  He mentioned providing VW with info on problems so that they could work out the bugs in an update - he was tellling me how to be sure I had the latest OS and had me check that screen - Since I didn't see it there, he suggested using the desktop software until the new one could be released.  He just thought it was odd that it didn't make it on this relase.  So, actually, I guess I didn't call with a tech problem...it just led into that.
0 Likes
XtremeBerry
Contributor - Level 3
Im confused ,he thought what was weird that didnt make it on the .40 release? Im really curious.
0 Likes