Re: Verizon Wireless Blackberry DOES NOT have PARENTAL CONTROL or USAGE CONTROLS
Devs_Advocate
Contributor - Level 1

I have been scouring the internet, looking for some sort of solution but keep coming up empty.  The only things I've found are:

1.  You can go into the security settings and turn on the option to block SMS and MMS messages but there are a few problems with that.  You can't schedule when it blocks so it's pretty much blocked from the time you turn it on until you turn it off.  You also lose any message that comes in when it's turned on and can't get them back so if there is something important sent when blocked, you won't see what it is.

2.  You can go to the Blackberry site and the Contact Us page and send an email to them requesting an app to be made to regulate it.  That type of development isn't my speed but I'm sure they would send an email out to the community seeing if anyone is willing to create an app and would probably get an answer.  I know on some of the development boards I belong to, we get emails all the time from manufacturers with user requests so you can give it a shot.

Sorry that I can't get a better answer for you about this but I will keep looking around.

0 Likes