Re: GPS-Storm Vs Droid... I HAVE A DREAM
poppajeff
Well...I 'preciate all of the feedback...but I'm not there yet. When i had VZNav enabled, all of those apps worked as you have all described. ow that I canceled VZNAV, neither Google maps, BBerry maps, weatherbug, or any other app can get my current position, only Google maps can even attempt, and it informs me that since it cannot access a satellite, it is only accurate to within approx 3000 feet. for weatherbug, it will give me weather for any place i enter a location for, but not for "my location". I wonder if all of you who are saying there is no problem getting a location have VZNav enabled, hence are paying the $9.95/month...of course i can input a location in any of these apps and go from there. suretypebandit...did you have VZNav enabled when you used Google maps in NY... if you dont have VZN, PLEASE INFORM ME AS TO HOW YOU GET ANY NAVIGATION FROM Google maps, or are you only getting a map and a route based on a start point and end point you manually enter. thanks for the feedback jeff
0 Likes