Blackberry Storm: A Pile of Trash!
Jimbo136

Is any one else fed up with their Blackberry Storm?

It freezes up constantly....nothing helps...I've tried everything. I'm nearly ready to give Verizon the cancelation fee and get an iphone. 

Labels (1)
0 Likes
Re: Blackberry Storm: A Pile of Trash!
SaNDman
Contributor - Level 3
 When did it start freezing up? From when you first got the Storm or after the latest OS upgrade? Give Verizon tech a call, see if there is a software issue, or bring it to Verizon store and have the technicians check it out.
0 Likes
XtremeBerry
Contributor - Level 3
yeah... make sure you are running the  .148 OS.
0 Likes
risu
Contributor - Level 3

Like above, make sure you're on .148 and give tech support a call.  If there's an issue they can't fix on the phone, they'll send you a replacement.  If you keep experiencing problems, keep calling them... on the third time they have to replace the phone, they'll send you a different, but comparable, device.

That said... I really don't have many issues with my Storm.  It crashes occasionally, but name me a PDA/Smartphone/BB that DOESN'T do that.

0 Likes
StormModder
Contributor - Level 1

a buggy/crash-prone phone is typically caused by software issues.  back up your info first.... then delete any 3rd party apps and try again.  if still problems, reload your OS.  Or just go to options> security> general options> menu> wipe handheld.  that will delete everything and put options back to factory.  If you're STILL having problems, then call tech support or go to a store.  If you have to call, DO NOT CALL FROM THAT PHONE.

make sure you're also closing out of programs by pressing the escape key (u-turn arrow) or pressing menu> close.  pressing the red button on a blackberry just puts the program in the background (it doesn't close it.)

oh and what Risu said is mostly true, however Verizon (or any company, for that matter) wont keep replacing the phone for software issues.  Either the software is messed up (and if that were the case, there would be more reports of it) or it's user error.  And if it comes down to having to replace the device, then you have the option to get a different - comparable - device at no cost.  The caveat is that your upgrade date is also pushed out for 2 years (your contract date doesn't change).

Message Edited by StormModder on 07-01-2009 08:16 AM
0 Likes
ldymotivator
In addition to the correct operating system....what kind of apps are you running on your storm?  Some apps will slow your phone down and make it freeze or crash...there are even themes that will have a negative effect on the performance of your phone. Just a thought...I love my Storm...even with the little glitches I have found...the good stuff it does for me is far more than the glitches.
0 Likes
cgd001

The Blackberry Storm is a pile of trash!  I just bought it last Friday and already had the screen freeze up.  Last night, I charged it.  This morning, it would not start--it's dead!  I'm going to have to get a replacement today.  On top of that, I lost all my contacts since the phone will not start.  Has anyone had that problem? 

The store was not supportive.  I need this for work and I travel.  They would not accomodate me and just give me a new phone.  If the Storm has this many issues, they should give you free insurance if you experience problems or give you some other perks. 

iPhone is much better than Storm.  All my documents.....gone!

The Storm is junk!

0 Likes
rhemler220
Yes, I'm very fed up with my storm. I have a similar post to this. I'm currently waiting to unlock my phone so I can cancel my contract and sell it on ebay. The customer service will get tired of you coming in to the point where they have you call 611, then they tell you to go to the store, then repeat the process over again. If they don't want to fix it screw them. I'm sick of this phone and the coustmer service. Not to mention the apps I bought on my first storm never got transferred. After a call with blackberry and paypal. I was unable to get the apps. just a small amount of money back because they could not refund my entire amount. While at&t's network may not be better, they must be doing something right to have more notable smartphone devices than verizon. 
0 Likes
risu
Contributor - Level 3

Yup... they signed a contract with Apple.  That's how they did it.  Now Apple wishes they could have their devices on other networks, but they're locked in.  Heck, they're working on CDMA devices right now which is definitely not going to work with AT&T.

Lets hope VZW picks up the iPhone in 2010.

0 Likes
SVTBrit

I had similar issues, and was ready to get another phone/device.  However, Verizon released a new update (148) for the Storm.  I updated my phone and it's worked like a gem since....no more lockups, no more random reboots!

0 Likes