Re: 5.0 and quickpull
StreetDocRN
Champion - Level 1

Hi,

Yes, it's a fine line you have to walk.  I'm treading close to it.  You can not post 3rd party links for sofware downloads, but I since so many people were having problems with the recent Storm upgrade, I think they will allow a little slack to give links to help.  I'm sure by definition I crossed the line, but I think as long as we are not giving links to actual downloads per se and only links to help, they are allowing it. 

Doc

0 Likes
LOWFLYER
Contributor - Level 2

msagkittykat wrote:

I can not get my quick pull to work now that I loaded 5.0 on my phone.

Anyone else had this problem?

[edit]

I spent quite a bit of time researching this issue with QP and 5.0 but it's obvious nobody took the time to search for my post or read it except 4 ppl so I will link it again here.  http://community.vzw.com/t5/BlackBerry-Devices/QUICKPULL-3-6-on-OS-5-0-PLS-READ/td-p/109089  My Storm running 5.0 runs QP without any problems whether it be a manual reboot or a scheduled one and yes I still recommend you do it daily even though the new OS has helped tremendously with memory useage and the overall speed of the phone.  I had to install it how it was described in that post I made for it to work though....even the instructions on the Steelthorn website are missing a step.  Please read and let us know how it goes. 

If a member answers your question, solves an issue, and/or helps you in any way that becomes beneficial....by all means hook em up with some Kudos!! Or mark the thread solved and give Kudos!!

0 Likes
StreetDocRN
Champion - Level 1

Thanks Lowflyer for clarification. 

Doc

0 Likes
SFObrien
Contributor - Level 3

StreetDocRN wrote:

Hi,

Yes, it's a fine line you have to walk.  I'm treading close to it.  You can not post 3rd party links for sofware downloads, but I since so many people were having problems with the recent Storm upgrade, I think they will allow a little slack to give links to help.  I'm sure by definition I crossed the line, but I think as long as we are not giving links to actual downloads per se and only links to help, they are allowing it. 

Doc

Thanks for the response.................

0 Likes
SFObrien
Contributor - Level 3

And for those of you who can't get it to work there is another way to reboot your phone:

Go to phone dial screen, type ##000000 and hit send.  Scroll down to SIP Password then type vzw. Hit menu button and select save.  This is a few more steps but works as well.

0 Likes
StreetDocRN
Champion - Level 1

Hi,

Thanks OBrien for that tip. 

Doc

0 Likes
PROB1

I had trouble with Quickpull on my Storm before I switched to the Tour.  It also won't work with 5.0.0.230 on the Tour. There is another app called ControlBBanel that works very well. There support team was fantastic and kept reworking the program until it would work on my phone well worth the $3.99 on CrackBerry. Now if only Verizon would release an official 5.0 for the Tour :smileysurprised:

0 Likes
JCM
Enthusiast - Level 3
Hello, I just want all to know that I'm going into second day tomorrow without pulling battery, after I did security wipe when selecting yes or no whether I want vzw to choose gsm etc.. To choose automatically Sim card it should be pop up when smartphone has started I selected no, I have no aps just BlackBerry maps, I'm testing to see how storm reactions are and I must say very impressive so far.. I started at 49MB and won't drop below 47MB been internet browsing pretty much. Battery last 8 hours typical for browsing.
0 Likes
JCM
Enthusiast - Level 3
Hellos, its confirmed storm doesn't like apps as well as me right now.. I have not had a NO slow down in browser at all it takes 15-20 seconds to get on Verizon Community unbelievable I could not be any happier.. My decision has come....about letting go of my storm a couple of months ago I so wanted to get storm 2 but standing by for right now, something incredible has happen to browser, it was never This fast it was so SCARY! About application memory it has not been under 45mb goes to 47 after awhile. I will let all know if slow down happens and when I have to pull battery??
0 Likes