Upgrade from Blackberry Priv to Blackberry Keyone on Verizon Network
fischx2

I currently own a Blackberry Priv that was purchased from Verizon and is currently connected to the Verizon network.  As Verizon no longer offers Blackberry devices I have recently purchased a  CDMA-compatible Blackberry Keyone from Best Buy, which should be arriving any day day now.  I'm looking for guidance in regard to connecting the Keyone to the Verizon network and disconnecting the Priv.  I'm aware that there is a link to do that via the "upgrade device" page within my on-line Verizon account.  My questions revolve more around whether or not I should transfer the sim card from my current Priv to the new Keyone or not.  Same question regarding the data card.  If it's suggested that I transfer one or both of the above-mentioned cards, do I do that before or after I get the Keyone connected to the Verizon network?  (I'm not concerned about the transfer of Contacts, Calendar, Notes, Tasks, or Documents.  The contacts, calendar, notes, and tasks automatically sync with Outlook on my office desktop, and I have the documents backed up to my desktop.)  Suggestions would be appreciated.  Thank you.

Labels (1)
0 Likes
Re: Upgrade from Blackberry Priv to Blackberry Keyone on Verizon Network
Ann154
Community Leader
Community Leader

If the existing SIM card fits in the new phone, you should be able to activate the new phone with it alone.

I'm most definitely NOT a VZW employee. If a post answered your question, please mark it as the answer.

View solution in original post

0 Likes
fischx2

Thank you for your reply.  I'll give an update after I get the new device.

0 Likes
fischx2

From my perspective, it didn't appear to me that the SIM card from my Blackberry Priv was a perfect fit for the tray in the Blackberry Keyone so I took it to the Verizon store, as I didn't want to break anything.  The customer service rep assured me that the SIM card and the SD card were fine.  He simply laid the cards in their respective slots in the tray, slid the tray back into the phone, and I was up and running.

Thank you again for taking the time to respond.

0 Likes