Can't set up email: clicking on Setup->Email Accounts does *nothing*
SUZAGA

I got a used Verizon Bold 9930 for my non-technical husband.

Sorry, my account of steps I have taken is a bit jumbled.  Here goes:

The first time I tried to set up email (Setup->Email Accounts) it did not give me an option to setup a personal account (internet), only Enterprise.

I put that aside and went on to set up other features.

I activated it and registered it.  I re-entered his blackberry ID.

I did the host-route-register thing... that got the browser to work.

Husband wanted Facebook and VZNavigator, but those were not on it.  It did not have App World on it, either.  That was a problem.

Then I found a website that had app world available to download.. I don't remember the website.

I downloaded it and installed it and then was able to get Facebook and VZNav.

Then I came back to the email problem.

Now when I select Setup->Email Accounts, *nothing* happens.

==> I don't know how to proceed. 

Are there any experts here that can advise me?

Many many thanks~~

Labels (1)
Tags (1)
0 Likes
Re: Can't set up email: clicking on Setup->Email Accounts does *nothing*
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

SUZAGA,

I would be lost without access to my email. Where did you purchase the Blackberry? What email server are you using?

DerekR_VZW
Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport
If my response answered your question please click the �Correct Answer� button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes
SUZAGA

Hi,

I bought it on ebay.

I am not sure what you mean by what email server I'm using. ?

The personal email account is a gmail account.  But I'm not getting that far... Clicking on Setup->Email Accounts does _nothing_.    When I first got the phone, if I clicked there, it only offered the "Enterprise" choice, not any "Internet email" ..  when I finally got back to setting it up, no choice is offered.  Clicking does nothing.  The screen does not change, just nothing happens. 

I'm thinking I need to re-install something (the os?) or start over somehow.

Any ideas what to do next?

Thanks~~

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Thanks for the details SUZAGA. Can you tell if the phone was used with a different carrier? Are you able to make and receive calls and access the internet via the browser on the device?

The steps we were given to set up an existing email address are from the Home Screen All tray select Setup >Email Accounts > Create New. This should provide you with email options other than Blackberry. If you continue to have issues reach out to us on Twitter and Facebook.

KinquanaH_VZW
If my response answered your question please click the �Correct Answer� button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes
SUZAGA

Hi.  Thanks for following up.

The phone is a Verizon phone.  (It has the logo on the back cover.) 

He can make and receive calls and texts, browse the internet and the Facebook app works on it too.

In the steps you describe:

Homescreen All tray->Setup->Email Accounts->Create New,  the Create New never appears.  After selecting Email Accounts, nothing happens.  There is no "Create New"

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

SUZAGA, we are committed to seeing this email problem through to resolution. Please try the following steps.
http://spr.ly/65808ROIG; Let us know what you find and if this works.

JoelR_VZW

0 Likes