Re: Why do we continued to get
JackCarr
Enthusiast - Level 3

Has Verizon passed on it, as you say, or is it that BlackBerry has no interest in selling Passports using Verizon?  Which is it?  I'm not yet convinced of one or the other scenario.  The Passport Silver Edition is nothing more than a different color scheme on an existing phone, pretty as it might be.  The Passport does not come equipped with CDMA antenna/capability which is a necessity if you're on Verizon.  Hence the reason why Verizon does not carry this phone. 

I read that Verizon was not interested in the Passport because they weren't too keen on its configuration, the handset being peculiarly wide and unwieldy.  If that's the case, then it was Verizon's call, but if not...then did BlackBerry simply snub CDMA network carriers?  Who knows...

I have a Z10, upgraded from a Q10, and am a Verizon customer and admittedly a fan of BB10.  I would have bought a Passport in a heartbeat.  Unfortunately, my only upgrade path currently with Verizon is a Z30.  Again, whatever the reasons are for Verizon not carrying the newer BlackBerry handsets, it equates to this fact:  BlackBerry fans will eventually jump ship from Verizon to AT&T where they can get unlocked versions of their favorite BlackBerry handset and use AT&T's GSM network.

0 Likes