Re: BlackBerry 10 Update - Letter to Robert M. Miller - Regional President:
mzblues1
Enthusiast - Level 2

Pherson,

I hear you and don't disagree with you that we do have a choice to switch or go. However, I do have to correct a few of your points:

"The decision to support the phones is not verizon but blackberry."

BlackBerry has supported their phones, have an available update finished and have distributed it to all the Carriers months ago. Most of the other Carriers have released that update to their customers.

It is Verizon who does their own testing on their network (which is good and needed), but often the hold up is their useless Blotware that they love to add to the operating system release. And in this case, since it is BlackBerry, it seems to be on their back burner to get that done.

"Blackberry provides software upgrades and support, and unless you purchase tech support they won't even assist you in troubleshooting."

If anyone is to blame for this, it would be Apple (BTW: I am a preferred Apple computer user. Just don't care for their phones).

As far as help goes, I have personally worked with BlackBerry Technical Support for weeks on some issues that I had and not only were they great to work with, but it didn't cost me a penny!

All you have to do is go through Verizon's Tech Support first, and after they tell you that they can't fix the issue (which is guaranteed to happen since they know nothing about BlackBerry's), they will connect you to BlackBerry and from there BlackBerry's Technical Support will work with you until it is either resolved or will let you know that the issue will be fixed in the following upgrade.

So I still don't think that my "whole" "beef is with blackberry".

0 Likes