Re: so disappointed in the blackberry z30...anybody else?
BB10SK
Enthusiast - Level 2

Actually VERY happy with it.  Between BB World and Amazon App Store, I've found most of the apps I NEED for my business, though fewer of the fun ones I'd like. Then again, I'm a cheapskate, and mostly use free apps, so there are plenty more than I'm noticing. 

I am looking forward to being able to get to Google Play through SNAP  -- I'm waiting for 10.3.1 to be available, as I don't feel like going through the side-loading rigamarole [C'MON, VERIZON, let us update already!!].   Hopefully, as sales increase for the various BB 10s, there will be more native apps.  I have actually seen a couple of places with BB apps available for download.

The advantages for me are:  a very good operating system (though it did take a little while to get the flow); a nice big screen and an elegant design; SECURITY, fantastic sound.  Also, I understand there are quite a few improvements in 10.3.1. [VERRRIIIIZZZON, DO YOU HEAR US?] 

I hate virtual keyboards, but compared to all the others, this one is good. Reviewers have raved that OS 10.2.1 has the best word predictor on the market, and that it learns and adapts to one's writing style. TRUE; sometimes, it's even uncanny. I was waiting for the Classic, but my old phone died in the meantime.   Still, many after years on the BB Bold, on which I could type multi-page documents super-quickly, I am having a hard time adjusting.  For me one big plus to a virtual keyboard is that I can easily switch among the three languages I write. Yet, in truth, were I to have $500 to spare, I'd get the Classic, and keep the Z30 as a small tablet).

I don't find the phone feels cheap, though I'll concur re the screen. My Bold 9930 sustained falls that would have broken ME.  It was tossed across a room, dropped from six feet, and fell out of my hands, off tables, etc. at least once a day.   After 3 years, a purple leak developed under the screen, but it stayed intact. I mocked my iPhone friends with their cracked screens. Buuut...It took a little over a month to break the screen on my Z30, and every time it drops another little chip appears. But, I think fragile screens are a problem for all the smartphones. 

0 Likes