Re: Verizon z10 Update 10.0.10.XXX needed for apps
Not applicable

sourz wrote:

Actually.. did my research today.

Other carriers are having trouble with SMTP email after the update. which kinda of messes up the email part.

so i'll accept the random few reboots for the time being, until Verizon fully tests the new version and makes sure we get a update that's fully functional on the network.... i take back my orig. comment,

Actually a Simple Mail Transfer Protocol (smtp) is just a hand off from one domain to anothers mail server.

Your isp assigns their smtp and setting to you along with their pop receiving addresss. so if you have set up your email account correctly from your isp's website you then can test it for correct sending and receiving. Verizon and other sites are not really the problem (unless its verizon.net servers) the failure of sending and delivery are your own isp rejecting your credentials in most cases. The route to and from verizon is a simple hand off or relay. It could be the email is screwed up in your phone settings.

In example open another email app like outlook or aim or gmail and see if that has the same problems. bet you they wont .

For the record the native email app on many verizon phones is crappy and don't work as well as a stand alone email app.

http://email.about.com/cs/standards/a/smtp.htm Sorry I forgot the link for you. Enjoy

Message was edited by: Elector

0 Likes