Verizon z10 Update 10.0.10.XXX needed for apps
sourz

Just got the z10 from verizon. Awesome however some issues.

I cannot download a few of my important apps on verizon version as a minimum 10.0.10.xx update is required. verizon currently has 10.0.9.422.

example being whatsapp is not available to verizon customers.

also i noticed my peers with At&t Z10 had better battery life on their phone, their cameras took better low light pictures, apps ran faster, and the HUB wasnt as glitchy with BBM. turns out those all of those issues were addressed in 10.0.10.xx update which at&t pushed out last week.

2 questions,

1. anyway to get the update directly, or side loaded?

2. When is Verizon going to push an update 10.0.10 85 or higher (as this is the min. requirement to download whatsapp).?

someone from verizon please post reply...

Labels (1)
0 Likes
Re: Verizon z10 Update 10.0.10.XXX needed for apps
Not applicable

sourz wrote:

Just got the z10 from verizon. Awesome however some issues.

I cannot download a few of my important apps on verizon version as a minimum 10.0.10.xx update is required. verizon currently has 10.0.9.422.

example being whatsapp is not available to verizon customers.

also i noticed my peers with At&t Z10 had better battery life on their phone, their cameras took better low light pictures, apps ran faster, and the HUB wasnt as glitchy with BBM. turns out those all of those issues were addressed in 10.0.10.xx update which at&t pushed out last week.

2 questions,

1. anyway to get the update directly, or side loaded?

2. When is Verizon going to push an update 10.0.10 85 or higher (as this is the min. requirement to download whatsapp).?

someone from verizon please post reply...

http://us.blackberry.com/software/smartphones.html Or you could have simply went to the phone makers website.  Sorry I don't work for Verizon. Hope I will do?

0 Likes
mwservice

I have the exact same issue with whatsapp.

Verizon please help.

0 Likes
Not applicable

mwservice wrote:

I have the exact same issue with whatsapp.

Verizon please help.

The reply I made for the original is just as good for you.

go to blackberry website

0 Likes
sourz

Have you been to the website you posted? do you have a verizon z10? then you would know that the 10.0.10.XXXX has to be updated via OTA update directly from Verizon.

so the answer you posted does not apply. sorry dude. 

0 Likes
Not applicable

sourz wrote:

Have you been to the website you posted? do you have a verizon z10? then you would know that the 10.0.10.XXXX has to be updated via OTA update directly from Verizon.

so the answer you posted does not apply. sorry dude. 

Well I had to have gone to the website if I posted the support drivers link.

No as I said I don't work for verizon nor do I own any Blackberry devices.

With my android phones I have the ability to get updates from the drivers pages of the phone makers.

My posting the site did not state you had to get it ota. If that was the case why would the website give you as an owner of the phone the three options to get your update?

In any case if the page does not suit your needs there is nothing more to say other than call verizon 611 and ask them why a brand new blackberry just released a few days ago already did not have the update to it?

Seems kind of strange huh? a device already stifled coming out of the gate.

0 Likes
Ironkidz
Enthusiast - Level 3

Elector - You arent understanding, similar to Galaxy phones, you cannot just to update your devices software version from the manufacturers website. VZW controls the OTA updates to the devices after they have been vetted by VZW's team. Blackberry has published this software already (similar to how Samsung published Jellybean) a long time ago but VZW is holding it up! We need VZW to be more responsive and cutting edge when it comes to their critical updates to this great, but new, operating system!!

0 Likes
Not applicable

yes I understand it was strange others on different services have the ability to update but Verizon released the z10 with a os already not up to date.

You would think when Blackberry released it to the public it would of have the updated os.

I feel for the owners that are inconvenienced by this. But I do understand.

0 Likes
sourz

Unfortunately Such is the case with verizon. I waited 8 months before i got the jellybean update, but at least i had access to all the apps.

So far there have been 3 updates by Blackberry.... but by the time Verizon releases the first update (god knows how many months), Blackberry will have had updated to os11.... sad... but i think i will switch my 5 lines from verizon to att by the end of the week.

0 Likes
Not applicable

And that is just not right. When Blackberry sold the phone it should have shipped with the most up to date OS on it.

This is one thing I have to hand to Apple. They control the updates and patches etc. and not Verizon or anyone else.

That is what should be the case for all the cell phones not just Apple phones and products.

0 Likes