Re: Bold 9650 with OS 6 and Random Reboots
StreetDocRN
Champion - Level 1

Redwizard69, Hi,

My random reboots occurred on its own just out of the blue.  I was not using it when the reboots occurred.  It would occur about 4-5 times a day.  At first, I thought it might be some app causing the reboot, but after I cleared my device and reloaded OS 6 back from scratch with DM, it still occurred.  I am puzzeled what would cause the reboots.  After I reloaded the OS 6, I did not load any 3rd party apps.  I only used what came "stock" with the base OS.  I finally downgraded to OS 5.0.0.975 and it has not occurred.  I have loaded all of my usual apps and no problems. 

The only thing I can think of is perhaps a corrupt download of the OS 6 file on my part.  I just thought of that as I sat here to write this post.  Perhaps this weekend I will delete the OS 6 file from my PC and then download it again and reload it to see what happens.  Another thing I just thought of is about the Social feeds app that comes installed by default, if you select the option during the upgrade progress.  It is possible that might be causing a problem  Redwizard, did you install the Social feeds on your Bold?  Just curious if the other person who posted having reboots was using the Social feeds?  Any input is appreciated.  Thanks in advance.

Doc

0 Likes