Trying to get contacts from Blackberry Pearl 8230 to iPhone 4
svgreg

Since the Blackberry Pearl doesn't offer Backup Assistant, I have my contacts backed up on the Blackberry Desktop Software program.  Any idea how I can get them onto my new iPhone 4?

I have not previously used a contact management software program and am hoping to just use the native MacAddress Book software on my MacBook Pro.  MacAddress Book does not recognize the file extension (.bbb) from the Blackberry Desktop program and I have no idea how to change it.

BTW - I'm not very savvy with this, so please 'dumb it down' for me!

Thanks!

Labels (1)
0 Likes
Re: Trying to get contacts from Blackberry Pearl 8230 to iPhone 4
SuzyQ
Community Leader
Community Leader
You don't "'change" the extension, but you can EXPORT the BB contact list as a csv file, I believe, and the csv file can be IMPORTED into most other programs address book programs.
0 Likes
svgreg

I can't seem to find an 'export' option in the Blackberry Desktop Software program........??

0 Likes
StreetDocRN
Champion - Level 1

Hi,

In order to export your contacts from a Blackberry device to a csv file, you would have to use a program such as Outlook or Outlook Express.  If you don't have Outlook, you can download a free 60 day copy of Office 2010 from Microsoft.  That should do the trick for you.  First, save your contacts with Blackberry Desktop Software into Outlook.  Then, from Outlook, export your contacts into a csv file.  From there, you should be able to use iTunes to import the csv file and set up your contacts.  Hope this helps.

Doc

View solution in original post

0 Likes