Help! I'm in Japan and my phone doesn't work.
AdamMBerg

Any help would be much appreciated!

I have my work-issued BlackBerry 8330 with me on a trip to Japan.  I called Verizon before leaving the U.S. to confirm that it will work in Japan, since it's a 3G phone.  They said it would.  When I got off the plane at Narita airport, I turned the phone on.  I immediately received a backlog of e-mails and texts.  Then, on the train to my hotel I was able to use the web browser.  But, since then, I have no functionality at all (can't make calls, send texts, send/receive e-mails, browse the web).  When I try to dial a number it tells me there's no service available.  Same thing when I try to browse the web.  But I have several bars, so there's some sort of signal.  What do I do?  I've filled in an online request form with Verizon about 12 hours ago and heard nothing so far.  This is really making me upset.  What's the deal with Verizon giving me bad advice and then taking so long to contact me to walk me through fixing the problem?

Labels (1)
0 Likes
Re: Help! I'm in Japan and my phone doesn't work.
bsmith15

If you have access to a land line I would call International CS at 908-559-4899.

0 Likes
Re: Help! I'm in Japan and my phone doesn't work.
SaNDman
Contributor - Level 3

Do your phone have a  SIM card? You may need it for roaming in foreign countries.:smileysurprised:

0 Likes